Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

Hi all.

We are now on final approach for The Trip. Bags are packed, itinerary is checked, accommodations reserved. Just a couple things left to do before we get on that plane, and with less than 24 hours until we are in the sky it's really starting to sink in that I'm actually going. How many people get to fulfill a life dream at 26? Of course, I will return, probably many times, but this first step means that if I never get this opportunity again, I can at least say I was there, if just once.

My hope and aim is to update this blog every day, but I'm still very uncertain about the internet over there. I know the airports will have it, but other than that it's going to be touch and go. My ultimate wish is to upload videos each night so you can see what I did the previous day, but that can be time consuming and bandwidth intensive so if worst comes to worst, I will store the videos and backlog them into my respective posts as soon as I get back in the States.

If anyone is interested, I'll be staying here from Oct 2nd to the 8th.

I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes and good lucks. I'll be returning with lots of goodies and touristy junk for everyone. I'll also be coming back a different person than when I left. Let's just hope that I get on the plane that takes me back to reality/America :D

No comments:

Post a Comment